CAPPADOCIA GREEN TOUR
The popular one-day ‘Green Tour’ will take you to historical sights found in the southern region of Cappadocia, including Derinkuyu Underground CIty, Ihlara Valley, ,Selime Monastery and more!
- Pickup from your hotel around 09.30am.
- First stop is Göreme Panorama viewpoint where you will be astounded by one of the best views in the region. The guide will explain just how this amazing landscape came into existence.
- Derinkuyu Underground City is the biggest and deepest underground settlement, dating back to 7th-8th centuries. Walk down 8 levels which are each interconnected by narrow tunnels and stone-carved stairways. See the winery, church, kitchens, food storage areas and animal stalls while your guide gives you an insight into their daily life.
- Selime Cathedral is the biggest rock-carved monastery in the region and was once home to Hittite, Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman civilizations.
- Enjoy a Turkish kebab-style lunch at a riverside restaurant in Ihlara Valley.
- After lunch, take an easy 4km walk (approx. 1 hour) along the river through the deep Ihlara Valley canyon, scattered with cave churches carved by early Christian monks.
- A final stop at a stunning viewpoint in Uçhisar overlooking the infamous Pigeon Valley and see the pigeon houses carved from the stone by ancient inhabitants.
- Return to your hotel approx 17.30-18.00pm.
All tours are limited to a maximum of 18 persons.
- Pick-up and drop-off at hotel
- Transportation in comfortable, modern minivan
- Professional English-speaking guide
- All entrance tickets
- Lunch (excluding drinks)
- Cancellations made more than 48 hours from the start of the tour will not be charged.
- Cancellations made between 24-48 hours from the start of the tour will be charged 50% of the amount due.
- No shows, and cancellations made within 24 hours of the start of the start time will be charged 100% of the amount due.
Explanation About Price
40€ per person.
No charge for children under 6 years as long as they sit in a parent’s lap and do not require their own seat.